Joe Gilbertson | Jun 21, 2022 | 1
New Report: Nearly Half of American Youth Have No Faith in God
In a new survey from The American Worldview Inventory of 2021, research shows that nearly half the youth of the nation currently reject the notion of God.
57% of Millennials consider themselves Christian. The other 43% “don’t know, care or believe that God exists.” These numbers have increased significantly from our parent’s time, rising from only 19% who thought the same over the period of time since the baby boomer generation.
Of that 43% of youth who have lost faith in anything but themselves, the survey shows that they are more likely to consider an abortion, more likely to never become married, more likely to support liberal policies, more likely to support socialism and more likely to reject having or raising children of their own.
This all comes as our nation’s birth rate continues to decline in recent years to all time lows, marriage rates plummet as divorce rates skyrocket, suicide and drug overdoses increase and cancel culture continues to dominate the landscape of America.
Does belief in God create a better life for our youth?
Is a lack of faith the root reason for the modern problems of American youth?
Sociologist George Barna, CRC director of research, said recently in a statement included with the survey that “The family unit and traditional family practices have been reshaped, with some long term, fundamental family ideals and practices outlawed. The responsibilities of government have been significantly broadened and transformed. The influence of the Christian church has diminished while the influence of arts, entertainment and news media has exploded. As millions of parents discovered during the pandemic, public schools have become indoctrination farms rather than places for teaching basic life skills”.
He cautioned further saying, “time is running out to aggressively and strategically act on that (Christian or religious) belief… before those who so vehemently disagree succeed in destroying the freedom and opportunity to preserve the ways of God”.
We cannot keep the founding ideal of being one nation under God if our modern leaders and culture continue to divide us from the notion of God existing.
Even with this decline in belief, hope still remains. Even by the numbers, the silent majority continues to keep its place in our nation as a God loving people.
Only time will tell if the Church and religious people of Christian, Jewish, and all other faiths will become what has long been considered the “sleeping giant of American politics”.
Maybe if the giant wakes up, we will be able to truly make America great again.