Select Page

Pentagon Moves Forward and Starts Syria Pullout

Pentagon Moves Forward and Starts Syria Pullout
Help remove stubborn mature fat cells

It’s official. The U.S. Troops in Syria are making plans to leave, according to the secretary of state Mike Pompeo.

“We will do that. We will withdraw our forces, our uniformed forces, from Syria and continue America’s crushing campaign,” said Pompeo.

President Donald Trump tweeted on December 19 that U.S. forces would be leaving Syria “now.”

But then the White House national security adviser John Bolton said that the U.S. military won’t be leaving the territory unless Turkey promises not to attack the U.S. Kurdish partners, along with other diplomatic negotiations.

“There are objectives that we want to accomplish that condition the withdrawal,” said Bolton on Sunday while traveling in Jerusalem. “The timetable flows from the policy decisions that we need to implement.”

On Thursday, Turkey, which considers several Kurdish groups to be terrorist organizations, renewed threats against the Kurds. Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip allegedly told the country’s parliament that Bolton’s conditions were “not acceptable” and a “serious mistake.”

“These are folks that have fought with us and that it’s important that we do everything we can to make sure that those folks that fought with us are protected and Erdogan has made commitments, he understands that — I think he uses the language that he has no beef with the Kurds — we want to make sure that that’s the case,” said Pompeo.

The White House security team clarified and said that the pullout won’t be exactly immediate. Pompeo also addressed the recent media reports claiming that there was a White House rift about the pullout timing.

“There’s no contradiction whatsoever,” said Pompeo. “This is a story made up by the media.”

“They both said we’re gonna get out,” said Pompeo about Trump and Bolton on Monday. “The President said we’re going to do it in an orderly fashion that achieves our objective and that the, our mission set in the region remains unchanged. Those seem pretty consistent to me.”

So far, the first U.S. military ground equipment in Syria has been removed.

“On Friday, a U.S. military spokesman confirmed that the withdrawal process was under way, but wouldn’t discuss specifics out of security concerns,” writes the Wall Street Journal. “To account for shifts in plans, the military will stage the personnel and equipment needed for a possible withdrawal, rather than move the U.S. forces out, according to the defense officials. Troops tasked to help with the eventual withdrawal already are in the area, in places such as Kuwait and al-Asad air base in western Iraq, they said.”

Author’s note: The Syria pull-out is happening in the near future and that’s what matters. The liberal media is always looking for ways to say that the Trump administration is arguing internally and is just nitpicking on the timing.

Editor’s note: I understand that we were able to fight and remove ISIS in those areas, but this was an ill conceived invasion from the Obama administration. Syria has been a Russian ally and continues to be. We were not going to change that without causing a massive escalation, and our interests there have always been minimal.

About The Author

1 Comment

  1. American

    This time don’t forget the EQUIPMENT. It to cost the taxpayer. I said move it all to the BORDER. That would save the Taxpayer $5.7 Billions Once they know we seal the Border with Arm Forces they will stop come in that way. We can Security other Countries. But we can’t Security ours BORDER. That where ours troop should be ! If those People in Government wanted to Build that wall they would have ! They can’t put what they want in the Bill.

    Reply

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

Follow Us