Biden’s Approval Rating Hits All Time Low
Surveys conducted by the Washington Post and ABC News reveal Biden’s approval rating has dropped to a measly 37% as voters turn to the Republican Party for leadership.
Results suggest 50% of registered voters would like to see the GOP take control of Congress this year and 49% plan to vote for Republican candidates in the midterm elections (vs 40% and 42% for Democrats, respectively).
Additional findings include:
- 59% say Biden is not a strong leader (this figure jumps to 65% among Independents)
- 58% disapprove of Biden’s handling of the economy
- 56% believe Biden’s first year in office was a failure (including15% of Democrats)
- 54% believe the economy has worsened under Biden’s leadership
- 54% trust Republicans over Democrats on the economy
- 54% believe Biden is mentally unfit to serve as POTUS
- 50% disapprove of Biden’s handling of the pandemic
- 50% claim Biden is partially responsible for increased inflation
- 47% disapprove of Biden’s reaction to the Ukraine crisis
- 43% trust Democrats over Republicans on the pandemic
With so many Americans frustrated or downright angry, officials decided to install fencing around the Capitol ahead of Biden’s State of the Union address on Tuesday. Ironically, they used the same razor-wire-topped fence that was erected following the January 6th “attack” on the Capitol, when Trump supporters sought to stop the confirmation of Biden as president.
The fencing was set up “out of an abundance of caution,” said Capitol Police Chief Tom Manger, especially in light of the recent trucker protests in the US and Canada. For additional safety, members of Congress attending the speech were not allowed to brings guests and were required to submit negative COVID tests and wear approved face coverings.